Skip to main content

It's been a while...

I realize that I'm still no good at this blogging thing. I think of things that I want to talk about on here, but never make myself sit down and post something.

Work has been busy, but is slowing down and I couldn't be more thankful. I love my job, but I have been a little overwhelmed transitioning from the Front Desk to an office position.

Last weekend we had a Staff Social at the home of one of our board members. The party was to introduce us all and kind of get to know each other. The funny thing was, the groups didn't really mingle. The East directors talked with each other while the Central directors talked with each other and then there was us - the office people. We just hung out with each other and only talked to the other groups when we had to. This wasn't really by choice, it was just a really awkward situation. We drank, ate, played ping pong and watched soccer. I say 'we' but I really mean everyone else. I only ate and people watched and conversated with people when it was necessary. I just felt out of place and didn't really know what to talk to them about.

After the party, the group I came with as well as RH, one of the East directors, went out for a night on the town. It was early (10:30pm) so the bars weren't that packed yet. It was kind of nice to not have to push and shove your way through people or yell over loud music. We had a great time playing pool and darts (both of which I am terrible at sober, but surprisingly good at after having a few drinks) and then we ended up at "Wine Bar" (actually called Wurst Bar, but the sausage link on the sign made it look like Wine Bar from across the street). We had a good laugh about the name mix up and the fact that RH kept asking why we were at a sausage bar (he's from England and didn't understand the play on words. He just kept asking why we were at a sausage bar and commenting that him ordering cocktails at a sausage bar meant nothing). I did my first pipe bomb - similar to shotgunning a beer but with a can of RedBull with Vodka poured in- and we ended up staying out until pretty late (2:30am). It was, by far, the best night I've had out in a while. I even sent my first drunk text. It was funny looking back, but I didn't even know I had sent it until I got a reply the next day. All I can say is that the look on my face was probably priceless... Then I got up early on Sunday (not sure why my body betrayed me like that - 5 hours of sleep wasn't enough) and put new brakes on my dad's truck and my sister convinced me to take her to Goetta Fest. That was pretty fun, but it was suuuper hot and I was tired. I ended up getting some Goetta Mac (surprising, I know) and then some Goetta Goobers which are donut holes with goetta in them. I know it sounds weird, but they were actually really good. They tasted like bite sized funnel cakes. I also got some Yagoot because it was so hot and I wanted something that would help cool me down.

This past weekend wasn't as fun, but still alright. My friend invited some of us to her boyfriend's house on Saturday to hang out and have dinner. I was skeptical about going because the only other people who could make it were my other friend and her boyfriend and who wants to spend the evening as a fifth wheel? Not me, but I went anyway. We watched the Reds game and then had some burgers and hot dogs.  We had some good conversations, but I was a little bored. We ended up watching some show on TruTV called the 20 Funniest Videos. They were pretty funny, but, again, I was bored. I wish I had left earlier than I had, but oh well. I was there until midnight and was completely exhausted by the time I got home. Then, for the second Sunday in a row, I was woken up earlier than I wanted to be and had to help my dad. At least this week I got to take a nap before work.

And then we arrive at today. I took off work because I had to work late last night and didn't want to deal with getting up early. I had planned on cleaning my room, but not much of that is going on. I got about 1/3 of it done before I got distracted. Hopefully I will be able to get the rest done either tonight or tomorrow. I really hate that I let my room get out of control like this. It shouldn't be so hard to keep it clean. It's not like it's a whole house - just one silly room.

I should probably get back to cleaning... Happy Monday! And have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

Challenge # 2 Complete!

So the reason I decided to do these keychains is because I saw them here (http://etsyrussianteam.blogspot.com/2011/06/moustache-keychain.html) which I linked to from Pinterest. The only problem with this tutorial is that I couldn't get my sewing machine to cooperate with me and the fabric. It was just too small to sew and it kept shifting and messing up. So I thought about it and decided I could do it by hand. Materials: Scissors, Pen, Adhesive, Fabric, Embroidery Floss, Thread, Template, Sewing Needle, Embroidery Needle I started out by cutting out a mustache template using my Cricut and the Bump in the Night cartridge. I used a heavy cardstock so that I could trace it without too much problem. I then traced the mustache onto the WRONG side of the fabric two times because we will sandwich them together to create the keychain. You will also need to cut a small rectangular piece which will be used to attach the mustache to your keyring. template and mustaches traced on...

Trying new things

 The holidays are upon us so making time for things like self-care are harder than ever.  However, last week I made time to sit and try some water coloring and started sketching and doodling again.  My dad was interested in watercolor as well, but didn't like that I had liquid paint.  He wanted to try the kind from the tubes so I bought him a set along with some brushes so we could paint together.  For those that don't know, my dad was diagnosed with cancer last year.  He has lost a lot of drive to do creative things because his hobbies included leatherworking and woodworking - both of which he doesn't have the strength or stamina to do anymore.  The littlest things take a lot of effort for him nowadays, so I thought painting would be a good creative outlet for him.  I wanted to practice for the postcards I am going to make for my nieces and thought that would be a good time to do so.  Mine did NOT turn out like the TikTok I watched, but they...