Not sure what was going on, but yesterday was NOT a good day. I was emotional, cranky, tired, and just blah. I had to do laundry and basically just sat around most of the day while I waited for loads to need switching. In the afternoon, I finally decided I needed to do something constructive so I picked crafting. I started by picking a new journal out of my pile of empty journals and grabbing some collage items - paper, stickers, washi. I went to work creating a collage journal page that was space themed. It turned out pretty good for my first attempt. Feeling pretty good, I kept up the crafting momentum and tried a new stamping technique. Not sure what it is called, but I learned about it from another Stampin' Up! demo during a watercolor webinar. You use your ink pads and blending brushes to create a background piece on Fluid 100 watercolor paper. You then take a stamp, lightly mist it with water and press it onto the inked background. Hold for a few seconds, lift it off and then stamp it onto a piece of basic white cardstock. Use a paper towel to blot the inked piece and absorb the excess water/ink. Clean your stamp and repeat as much or as little as you would like. I have been wanting to try that technique since I saw it and finally got the chance to play around. It took me forever to find good color combos and I am pretty pleased with the two I came up with.
Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks. I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion. So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off. I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned. The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (d...


Comments
Post a Comment