Skip to main content

February Card design + design process insight

 Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks.  I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion.  So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off.  I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned.  The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (designer series paper or printed paper). Once I stopped focusing on that and started focusing on the design, it turned into a really pretty card. Let me know what you think!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge # 2 Complete!

So the reason I decided to do these keychains is because I saw them here (http://etsyrussianteam.blogspot.com/2011/06/moustache-keychain.html) which I linked to from Pinterest. The only problem with this tutorial is that I couldn't get my sewing machine to cooperate with me and the fabric. It was just too small to sew and it kept shifting and messing up. So I thought about it and decided I could do it by hand. Materials: Scissors, Pen, Adhesive, Fabric, Embroidery Floss, Thread, Template, Sewing Needle, Embroidery Needle I started out by cutting out a mustache template using my Cricut and the Bump in the Night cartridge. I used a heavy cardstock so that I could trace it without too much problem. I then traced the mustache onto the WRONG side of the fabric two times because we will sandwich them together to create the keychain. You will also need to cut a small rectangular piece which will be used to attach the mustache to your keyring. template and mustaches traced on...

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

Takeout Tuesday

Hey there! So it's been a weird few days for me... Sunday was mainly awesome - I was at work from 12:45 pm to 11:45 pm, mostly working, but also working out... During my work period I got to ogle a lot of hot guys since it was the first night of basketball and we had a lot of new teams (I work at a health club and run the men's basketball league). During my workout I ran a mile! I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but when you weigh almost 250 pounds and are trying to get back into shape, this is a big deal... I also started on one of my stories during one of the slower basketball games. I'm glad I can multitask or I would get soooo bored trying to keep score at these games. Monday was unusual - I didn't go into work until 4:30 because I was up until about 1am since I had to work Sunday night. I did next to nothing during the day (watched TV and read some fanfics, nothing productive...) yet somehow when I got to work I was super cranky and it made my shift go b...