Skip to main content

Sunday Funday...or Fight day?

So tonight was pretty crazy, but before I get into that, a recap of the week is necessary...

Wednesday was pretty ordinary - work job #1, work job #2, laundry and then I worked on the story I've been writing. The rough draft is complete so all I need to do is write the final copy :)

Thursday was a long day. I worked a long shift, but I felt like I got nothing done because I kept having to move around and work all over the place. I work at a health club and can work a lot of different positions (since I've been there 11 years...) and I ended up having to cover a shift for an hour and a half and then another shift for an hour so that didn't leave much time for me to get my work done :( After work I did a pilates class and then attempted to run, but failed because pilates was intense and I couldn't push myself to finish the run...

Friday I worked both jobs and then got to go home to my new Stampin Up! shipment! That excited me because I've been waiting for it to arrive and it's like Christmas every time I order something :) Since my new stuff arrived I had to put it away and I realized I hadn't put anything away after getting back from Origins, so I ended up cleaning and putting stuff away and organizing in my craft area. It was much needed and I wish I hadn't waited so long to do it. After organizing I decided that I want to rearrange my whole entire room sometime soon. My craft area is in my bedroom because, sadly, I still live at home with my parents, so there's not a lot of room for crafting and I have to be creative with how things are set up. I think the new set up will be awesome and will allow me to be more crafty.

Saturday was another long day. It seems like all my days are lately... I worked from 7:30 to 4, went shopping to kill time and then attended a Stamp a Stack night at my SU! demonstrator's house. For those not familiar with Stamp a Stack - it's basically a workshop where you make cards (you Stamp a Stack of cards - get it? haha). It's a really fun time and I always come home with great projects and ideas :) Sheila's awesome and always has great samples for us to work from as well as yummy treats for our bellies! Last night, the highlight was the red velvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese icing that she made for us and the really cute picture frame craft that we did.

And then we arrive at Sunday... I had to go to work because I am in charge of printing off the sign in sheets for our Summer Camp. Instead of having to get up and go to work by 6 am Mondays, I choose to go in on Sunday nights and print them off. This also gives me a chance to keep an eye on my basketball league and watch some of the games. First bad thing that happened tonight - during the first basketball game, one of the guys got kicked out for arguing with the refs. I didn't see the whole altercation because I was eating my dinner, but I saw most of it and his being thrown out was warranted. The second bad thing to happen started on the soccer field - a guy (on the blue team) started a fight between his team and the other team (pink) and then he attempted to leave by exiting the field. Normally, the rest of the players would stay on the field and continue playing. Not tonight. Tonight the other team decided to follow him off the field and the only word I can describe what happened next is BRAWL. The pink team outnumbered the blue and was beating up one guy 3 to 1 while the other blue player who was trying to leave threw a chair at a pink guy and then ran off to the parking lot. The pink guy had to be restrained by his teammate. Where was I during all of this? Oh, you know, I had a front row seat where the chair was being thrown and the guy was being restrained. My friend, who was working, had to yell to break it up and they eventually stopped and dispersed back to the field.  In the aftermath, the blue guy who was being beaten up came over to buy a Gatorade and he had 2 cleat marks on his face - one on his forehead and one just below his eye. He left and the rest of the guys tried to start playing again, but since the ref had called the game, we made them stop playing. Pink team was not happy about this at all and decided to stick around complaining about it for about an hour, arguing that they could charge them with assault and it's not their fault that the blue team started it and blah blah blah... They eventually left and we were left with queasy tummies from all the excitement/craziness/adrenaline rush... I decided that I should probably go home because I couldn't stand to sit there and talk about it any longer, but as I was leaving, I saw cops and an ambulance in our front parking lot. Guess who was standing around talking to cops... If you guessed the pink and blue guys, you were right! I was on the phone with my dad and had to hang up with him so I could call my friend and let him know to get out front asap to see what was going on...

So now I probably have to deal with that tomorrow because we have to report it to our manager and since I'm a witness, he will most likely be talking to me about it. As if I didn't have enough to deal with already :/

So that was my week... Anything exciting happen to any of you?!?

I have been trying to think of a tutorial to do and I thought of one today, but I won't be able to post it until Tuesday. It is something that I saw on Pinterest called a Food Passport. Basically you pick restaurants in your area that you have never been to and make a journal of sorts recording where you went and if you liked it or not. My friends from work thought it would be a neat thing to do since we are always going out for dinner, but we always go to the same place. We thought this would be a great way to switch it up and try something new and also have fun doing it. So look for that on Tuesday night :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

March Card Class design

 For March I had a plan and I am happy to report that I executed it perfectly the first attempt!  I took a card layout and combined it with a color combination I liked to create what I think is the perfect card to send to your friends.  Layout and color combination are not my images, but the final product is my doing.  Let me know what you think!

February Card design + design process insight

 Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks.  I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion.  So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off.  I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned.  The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (designer