Skip to main content

Takeout Tuesday

Hey there! So it's been a weird few days for me...

Sunday was mainly awesome - I was at work from 12:45 pm to 11:45 pm, mostly working, but also working out... During my work period I got to ogle a lot of hot guys since it was the first night of basketball and we had a lot of new teams (I work at a health club and run the men's basketball league). During my workout I ran a mile! I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but when you weigh almost 250 pounds and are trying to get back into shape, this is a big deal... I also started on one of my stories during one of the slower basketball games. I'm glad I can multitask or I would get soooo bored trying to keep score at these games.

Monday was unusual - I didn't go into work until 4:30 because I was up until about 1am since I had to work Sunday night. I did next to nothing during the day (watched TV and read some fanfics, nothing productive...) yet somehow when I got to work I was super cranky and it made my shift go by really slow. Everything seemed to tick me off and I have no clue why :/ Then I did the crossword with Taylor, had a popsicle (...or two...), and headed home where I couldn't get to sleep due to my sugar high. I knew better, but the popsicles made my bad mood better. However, I utilized my non-sleep period to continue writing my story. I now have the basic plot line down and can start writing in all the details.

Today was not much better than yesterday - I woke up late, went to work around noon and spent 7 hours doing paperwork. It was a nice day in the office, though, because no one was really up there since two people are on vacation and it was just me and one other person for a majority of the day. The day did go by quickly, which surprised me, because the paperwork was never-ending and I thought it would make the day go slow. The only downfall to the paperwork is that my wrists are now killing me - I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome so when I have to do a lot of typing/writing, my hands and wrists start to get sore and stiff and bother the heck outta me. When I finally did leave, I went to a new (to me) chinese restaurant to try it out (we just moved to the area and are having a hard time finding a good chinese place). My route home from there took me past a Starbucks, so I decided to stop in and get a double chocolate chip frappuccino because I needed something to get me in a good mood. [And I wonder why I have issues with my weight haha Stress eating and comfort foods are enemy #1 and today I had had a double whammy. Usually I go for mac n cheese, but that would have required going to the store and buying it, so I went with takeout instead.] Now, we usually do take out on Thursdays, but since my parents already ate before I even left work, it left me to fend for myself, hence Takeout Tuesday.

I need to get myself back on my sleep schedule that I started before Origins came around. I love Origins, but it makes getting back to the real world extremely hard, for me anyway. I was going to bed at a decent hour and getting up by no later than 8 everyday. Now I'm lucky if I go to bed before 1am and wake up on time for work.

Sooo, that's been my life for the past few days...

Since this is a "craft" blog, I will now let you feast your eyes on some of the cards that I made while at Origins. My friend ordered them because I am dumb and left all of my pre-made cards (except the samples for my classes) at home even when she made a point to call me and ask me to bring them so she could buy some. So, while at the Con, I had to make 20 cards for her - 5 girly birthdays, 5 manly birthdays, 5 thank yous and 5 notecards. I tried to make them all different, but you will notice that each set has a similar design/elements. For instance, the girly birthdays all have the same birthday stamp and coordinating paper, but they are each unique. I hope that this makes sense and you can see what I mean... I know the pictures aren't the greatest (I had to use my phone to take them), but I hope you enjoy them anyway...Also, not all the cards I made are pictured because I didn't really like the work I did on some of them and didn't feel it necessary to photograph what I felt were crappy cards.



This one is my favorite out of all the one that I made for her. I struggled with that friggin bow for a good 7 minutes, trying to get it to lay flat and look pretty. Have I said how much I hate bows? It's almost as much as I hate glitter...


This is my second favorite out of them all. Can you tell I really liked the girly birthday ones?!? 






I didn't really care much for what I did with these :/ I had a good idea in mind, but changed it because I didn't want them all to be exactly the same, and then I don't know what happened, they just came out like this *shrug*

Comments

  1. You should post a tutorial on the next blog post with pictures how to make something :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

March Card Class design

 For March I had a plan and I am happy to report that I executed it perfectly the first attempt!  I took a card layout and combined it with a color combination I liked to create what I think is the perfect card to send to your friends.  Layout and color combination are not my images, but the final product is my doing.  Let me know what you think!

February Card design + design process insight

 Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks.  I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion.  So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off.  I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned.  The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (designer