Skip to main content

Stampin' Up! awesomeness

This last month has flown by!  My friend A moved here from NY.  Helping him adjust to the area has been a roller coaster ride.  I was so stressed that I did some retail therapy.  After the Stampin' Up! idea book came out last year, I made a wish list of about $350 worth of product. I ordered a few things last year, but didn't really order anything after that... until now lol. I ordered a few "bundles" as well as an In Color kit that has 5 ink pads and coordinating cardstock.  Since it's Sale-abration, for every $50 you order, you get to choose a free product from the selection they have.  I was super excited about this because, not only do I get to order stuff that I have wanted for a while, but I got free stuff... So I took a look at the free products and decided that there was two things that I wanted - the Banner Blast stamp set and the coordinating punch. I went about ordering my items (at least $100 worth) and then chose those as my freebies.  I can't wait to make some fun stuff with my new toys!

BTW - if you haven't checked out Stampin' Up! and you love using stamps and other awesome products, you should look at their website.  They have amazing stuff, from ink and stamps to paper and embellishments to tools and storage. I love that they now have punches to coordinate with the stamp sets.  It means you can stamp an image and then punch it out. Easy peasy! They also have framelits (dies to use with the Big Shot) that coordinate with certain stamp sets.  It's the same concept as the punches, but using the Big Shot.

In Color Ink and Cardstock


Mosaic Madness "bundle" plus coordinating embossing folder

Six Sided Sampler  "bundle"

Square Lattice Embossing Folder

Banner Blast stamps and coordinating punch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

March Card Class design

 For March I had a plan and I am happy to report that I executed it perfectly the first attempt!  I took a card layout and combined it with a color combination I liked to create what I think is the perfect card to send to your friends.  Layout and color combination are not my images, but the final product is my doing.  Let me know what you think!

February Card design + design process insight

 Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks.  I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion.  So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off.  I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned.  The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (designer