Skip to main content

H(Cr)appy Independence Day!

Since we had a day off of work due to the holiday, my friends and I ventured to Color Me Mine, a paint your own pottery place. We had been wanting to go for a while, but since we all work together, we never have a time where we are all off. Today was the perfect day to go for 2 reasons - 1. We were all off work because it's a holiday and 2. It's raining, making today kind of a blah day, perfect to spend time doing crafty things with your friends. After we painted, we headed to Moe's for lunch. It was one of the most memorable times I have spent with these girls and I'm glad that I have them all in my life :)



The gnome I painted for my dad.

Sammie's Squirt/Ohana/Beachy plate

Natalie's Fleur De Lis bowl

Erin's chevron/Cincinnati Reds wishbone C mug

A little team work to finish painting the handle

Kate seems bored lol She took the longest to decide what to do and the shortest time doing it
I didn't get to take a picture of Kammi's cute polka dottie flower pot or Kate's beer mug because they finished first and the girl took them away before I could...

The girls had never been here before (I had...) and they were kinda bummed that we didn't get to bring our stuff home with us. I was disappointed as well, even though I knew how it worked, but I love my little gnome-y so much and wanted to give him to my dad right away. I can't wait to see how our pieces end up!

After painting and lunch, I came home and took a nap. My grandma was here and I felt bad not spending time with her, but I am not feeling well because the weather lately has been effecting my sinuses :( Now I'm all rested and probably won't go to sleep when I should tonight, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that I will because I have an early morning tomorrow that starts a long day of work, work and babysitting.

I hope you had a great Independence Day! I know I did...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge # 2 Complete!

So the reason I decided to do these keychains is because I saw them here (http://etsyrussianteam.blogspot.com/2011/06/moustache-keychain.html) which I linked to from Pinterest. The only problem with this tutorial is that I couldn't get my sewing machine to cooperate with me and the fabric. It was just too small to sew and it kept shifting and messing up. So I thought about it and decided I could do it by hand. Materials: Scissors, Pen, Adhesive, Fabric, Embroidery Floss, Thread, Template, Sewing Needle, Embroidery Needle I started out by cutting out a mustache template using my Cricut and the Bump in the Night cartridge. I used a heavy cardstock so that I could trace it without too much problem. I then traced the mustache onto the WRONG side of the fabric two times because we will sandwich them together to create the keychain. You will also need to cut a small rectangular piece which will be used to attach the mustache to your keyring. template and mustaches traced on...

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

Trying new things

 The holidays are upon us so making time for things like self-care are harder than ever.  However, last week I made time to sit and try some water coloring and started sketching and doodling again.  My dad was interested in watercolor as well, but didn't like that I had liquid paint.  He wanted to try the kind from the tubes so I bought him a set along with some brushes so we could paint together.  For those that don't know, my dad was diagnosed with cancer last year.  He has lost a lot of drive to do creative things because his hobbies included leatherworking and woodworking - both of which he doesn't have the strength or stamina to do anymore.  The littlest things take a lot of effort for him nowadays, so I thought painting would be a good creative outlet for him.  I wanted to practice for the postcards I am going to make for my nieces and thought that would be a good time to do so.  Mine did NOT turn out like the TikTok I watched, but they...