Skip to main content

The sun will come out tomorrow (or today - yay!)

So we've been getting a lot of rain in our area. And by a lot, I mean it's rained heavily every day since last Monday. Today was the first time that it hasn't and I decided to celebrate the sun by going to Rookwood with my friends. Rookwood Commons (aka Rookwood) is a shopping center with several restaurants and a lot of stores. My friends had suggested going to Yagoot and I had never been so I decided to go with them and try it. I had no idea what to expect,  but it was pretty good - I gave it a B+ when asked by my friend to grade it. They didn't have a lot of flavors, but they have a lot of toppings you can add to make it your own. I got strawberry and added oreos and cheesecake bites. Yum yum!

And we, of course, had to go to the Nike factory store since we were up there. Sammie wanted to get a pair of shoes and I wanted to check out options for new running shoes. Ever since I got my Icarus' I have wanted to get a new pair to run in that has the same sole as those. It is the BEST support and comfort I have ever experienced in a shoe. I didn't plan on buying any, but ended up leaving the store with 2 pair. I blame the sales guy who made me try them on. I had one pair picked out (they were on sale for $37... who could pass that up?!?) and then he said "Oh, why don't you try these, you will like them a lot better". So I tried them on and then couldn't decide - both had good qualities - so I bought both. I hate that I have no self control when it comes to these things. I could have used that $130 to buy new tires that I need for my car, but instead I buy shoes... Sammie was just as indecisive. She had 3 pair she was choosing between and ended up with 2 pair as well.

After our outing, Sammie and I were hungry (We hadn't eaten lunch) so we went and got some Chinese food.  I took her to the place I tried a while ago and we ended up being the only people there. We ordered and then talked for almost an hour while we ate. She and I have some fun times together :)  After lunch I had to go to work. I haven't been able to focus while there this past week because I have been sick, so I was hoping to get a lot done. I think all this rain has made me get a cold :( I've been all congested, sneezing, coughing, fever, etc. It's been sucky. Yesterday I was planning on working until 5:30 pm, but left around 1:45 and went to see a movie with Sammie (Now You See Me is GREAT by the way!). I digress. So I went to work and didn't get much accomplished (surprising...), but I got some stuff done that I should have done a while ago, so it wasn't all bad. I then hung out with Taylor and did our nightly crossword. I wish he and I could hang out outside of work :/

I am hoping that I will be able to make some cards this week, maybe do a tutorial or two. My schedule is a little weird because our owner asked my manager to make me not work my desk shifts for the next 2 weeks so that I could get caught up on all the paperwork I am behind on. But I also have to open 2 days this week for a lady who is on vacay, so that means I will have my afternoons free for at least 2 days.My plan is to do crafty things on those days. I'm crossing my fingers that this actually happens. Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

Challenge # 2 Complete!

So the reason I decided to do these keychains is because I saw them here (http://etsyrussianteam.blogspot.com/2011/06/moustache-keychain.html) which I linked to from Pinterest. The only problem with this tutorial is that I couldn't get my sewing machine to cooperate with me and the fabric. It was just too small to sew and it kept shifting and messing up. So I thought about it and decided I could do it by hand. Materials: Scissors, Pen, Adhesive, Fabric, Embroidery Floss, Thread, Template, Sewing Needle, Embroidery Needle I started out by cutting out a mustache template using my Cricut and the Bump in the Night cartridge. I used a heavy cardstock so that I could trace it without too much problem. I then traced the mustache onto the WRONG side of the fabric two times because we will sandwich them together to create the keychain. You will also need to cut a small rectangular piece which will be used to attach the mustache to your keyring. template and mustaches traced on...

Trying new things

 The holidays are upon us so making time for things like self-care are harder than ever.  However, last week I made time to sit and try some water coloring and started sketching and doodling again.  My dad was interested in watercolor as well, but didn't like that I had liquid paint.  He wanted to try the kind from the tubes so I bought him a set along with some brushes so we could paint together.  For those that don't know, my dad was diagnosed with cancer last year.  He has lost a lot of drive to do creative things because his hobbies included leatherworking and woodworking - both of which he doesn't have the strength or stamina to do anymore.  The littlest things take a lot of effort for him nowadays, so I thought painting would be a good creative outlet for him.  I wanted to practice for the postcards I am going to make for my nieces and thought that would be a good time to do so.  Mine did NOT turn out like the TikTok I watched, but they...