Skip to main content

First post of 2014

It's been a realllly long time since my last post :( Hopefully this year I will be better at keeping this thing up to date!  So a lot has happened since my last post.  I won't bore you with the details, but, as always, I've been keeping myself pretty busy...

I had a friend over today whom I hadn't really seen in a while, but she's one of those friends that you can be away from for a long time and when you are reunited feels like it was just yesterday that you saw each other so it wasn't super awkward or anything.  We talked for about an hour and  a half before we actually got down to the crafting we had planned on doing... we get carried away sometimes...

Even though I was looking forward to today since we planned it, I wasn't very productive in the creativity department.  I helped her with a few cards, but I couldn't bring myself to make much.  I ended up making something from a Paper Pumpkin kit (if you like stamps and cards, you should check these out.  They are from Stampin Up! and they are awesome!) that I got a few months back. I signed up for these monthly kits with the mind set that I would get to do at least a little crafting each month, but they are all still sitting in the boxes because I never have time.  This is the first one that I've actually completed.  So I made those while helping HM with her cards and showing her my fun toys (read framelits and big shot). I put them together in just a few minutes so then I got a little angry. I was mad because, just a short while ago, I couldn't wait for today because I'd get some cards done, but the time was here and I had zero motivation and my creativity was out the window.  I ended up on Pintrest, trolling for motivation, inspiration or something to get my creative juices flowing, but nothing was happening... I don't know what's wrong with me :/  I do know that we have come up with a solution to the problem.

HM and I are going to (hopefully) get together more often since we live close to each other now.  We are either going to pick a theme or a paper stack or stamp set to use or something and then make some cards using them.  Having such a blank canvas to work with was a little daunting. I think that's why I get into ruts like this. I have too many options to choose from. If you could see my craft stuff, you would understand what I mean. (Maybe that will be a future post...). She also suggested that we do different crafts, like painting on canvases, sewing things, etc.  I'm hoping that we will be able to stick with our plan this time (since you don't know us, you will need to know that this will be very hard because we are both very busy and we tend to not stick to the plan of getting together every so often lol) so that I can get my craftiness back.  I miss it and wish that I hadn't let it slip away...

With that being said, I hope that I will talk to you soon.  One of my new year's resolutions (cliche, I know) is to do more crafting.  It's something I'm good at and enjoy doing. That's why I really hate when I let this happen.

Anyway, sorry for rambling and I will post more soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

March Card Class design

 For March I had a plan and I am happy to report that I executed it perfectly the first attempt!  I took a card layout and combined it with a color combination I liked to create what I think is the perfect card to send to your friends.  Layout and color combination are not my images, but the final product is my doing.  Let me know what you think!

February Card design + design process insight

 Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks.  I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion.  So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off.  I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned.  The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (designer