Skip to main content

...I suck at this...

So apparently it's been a lot longer than I had planned since my last post. I haven't been doing anything - working, babysitting, hanging out with my friends... At least I'm trying to have somewhat of a normal life haha I usually just work and come home.

This past weekend has been the best I've had in a while. My parents both had their company picnics this weekend - one at Coney Island (ginormous pool and amusement park) and the other at a park near the office. I was supposed to go to both, but I ended up getting tickets to the Reds game on Saturday. For those who don't know, the Reds are a professional baseball team in Cincinnati (near where I live). My friend in Columbus loves the Reds and said if I ever got Saturday tickets to let him know and he would come down. As soon as I got the tix, I texted to invite him. Of course he accepted so, after work on Saturday, I got to hang out with my buddy! He got to town around 2 so we went to Gold Star for lunch and then headed to the stadium.  The game was at 4 and we got there around 2:45 so we headed to the Machine Room. It's a bar at the stadium and we chose it for two reasons - 1. it had AC. It was frickin hot out that day! And 2. there was alcohol. Who doesn't love a good drink?!? So we hung out there until game time and then headed to our seats. The game got underway, but was interrupted after only half an inning due to rain... of course we couldn't waste this opportunity to drink some more, so we went in search of more booze. (side note - he's a bad influence on me lol I hardly ever drink and when I do, it's very limited. With him, I throw caution to the wind and drink like there's no tomorrow...) The delay was for about an hour and a half maybe... I don't really know since we were drinking and I didn't think to pay attention to the clock. We eventually made our way back to our seats, but (after, like, five minutes) it started pouring down rain again, so we sought shelter in the gift shop.  The game FINALLY got started again and the Reds started off great! The rest of the game went well, but another storm was rolling in, so we left early to head to back across the river for dinner.

A-train's friend was in the area and she suggested meeting at Hofbrauhaus. I had never been there and he loves beer, so we decided to give it a shot. It was AMAZING! The atmosphere, the food, everything was awesome! A-train said it was almost like being at the real Oktoberfest (which he got to go to a couple years ago). Our night ended after that - I was thankful because it had been a suuuuper long day, but sad because he had to drive back home. I can't wait until next time he comes to town - we already started making plans for our next adventure!

On Sunday I went to my dad's company picnic which was at a local park. We had a great time - my brother won a hula contest and my brother and sister teamed up to win a water balloon contest. I think their twin bond helped them with that one. We had a fun and rather competitive time playing bingo and then my dad was drawn for a door prize. He chose a fire pit!!! We have all been wanting one for a long time. I can't wait to set it up and make s'mores!

I'd have to say the best part about this past weekend is that my sister's boyfriend came home with her and met us all for the first time (minus my brother since he goes to school with my sister and had already met him). I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but her last boyfriend passed away suddenly after being electrocuted . They were together 7 years and we haven't really known how to deal with talking to her about anything relating to relationships since then. We wanted her to have time to grieve, but he was with her for so long, we weren't sure how long to wait or if she would ever get over him. We are all glad that she has finally decided to move past it and date new people. I wish she never had to go through what she did, but I'm glad she has found the strength to overcome what life threw at her. I don't know how I would ever cope if I were in the same boat...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

March Card Class design

 For March I had a plan and I am happy to report that I executed it perfectly the first attempt!  I took a card layout and combined it with a color combination I liked to create what I think is the perfect card to send to your friends.  Layout and color combination are not my images, but the final product is my doing.  Let me know what you think!

February Card design + design process insight

 Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks.  I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion.  So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off.  I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned.  The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (designer