Skip to main content

The sun will come out tomorrow (or today - yay!)

So we've been getting a lot of rain in our area. And by a lot, I mean it's rained heavily every day since last Monday. Today was the first time that it hasn't and I decided to celebrate the sun by going to Rookwood with my friends. Rookwood Commons (aka Rookwood) is a shopping center with several restaurants and a lot of stores. My friends had suggested going to Yagoot and I had never been so I decided to go with them and try it. I had no idea what to expect,  but it was pretty good - I gave it a B+ when asked by my friend to grade it. They didn't have a lot of flavors, but they have a lot of toppings you can add to make it your own. I got strawberry and added oreos and cheesecake bites. Yum yum!

And we, of course, had to go to the Nike factory store since we were up there. Sammie wanted to get a pair of shoes and I wanted to check out options for new running shoes. Ever since I got my Icarus' I have wanted to get a new pair to run in that has the same sole as those. It is the BEST support and comfort I have ever experienced in a shoe. I didn't plan on buying any, but ended up leaving the store with 2 pair. I blame the sales guy who made me try them on. I had one pair picked out (they were on sale for $37... who could pass that up?!?) and then he said "Oh, why don't you try these, you will like them a lot better". So I tried them on and then couldn't decide - both had good qualities - so I bought both. I hate that I have no self control when it comes to these things. I could have used that $130 to buy new tires that I need for my car, but instead I buy shoes... Sammie was just as indecisive. She had 3 pair she was choosing between and ended up with 2 pair as well.

After our outing, Sammie and I were hungry (We hadn't eaten lunch) so we went and got some Chinese food.  I took her to the place I tried a while ago and we ended up being the only people there. We ordered and then talked for almost an hour while we ate. She and I have some fun times together :)  After lunch I had to go to work. I haven't been able to focus while there this past week because I have been sick, so I was hoping to get a lot done. I think all this rain has made me get a cold :( I've been all congested, sneezing, coughing, fever, etc. It's been sucky. Yesterday I was planning on working until 5:30 pm, but left around 1:45 and went to see a movie with Sammie (Now You See Me is GREAT by the way!). I digress. So I went to work and didn't get much accomplished (surprising...), but I got some stuff done that I should have done a while ago, so it wasn't all bad. I then hung out with Taylor and did our nightly crossword. I wish he and I could hang out outside of work :/

I am hoping that I will be able to make some cards this week, maybe do a tutorial or two. My schedule is a little weird because our owner asked my manager to make me not work my desk shifts for the next 2 weeks so that I could get caught up on all the paperwork I am behind on. But I also have to open 2 days this week for a lady who is on vacay, so that means I will have my afternoons free for at least 2 days.My plan is to do crafty things on those days. I'm crossing my fingers that this actually happens. Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funday Hazie Style

I watched my niece/goddaughter this weekend while her parents had a much needed weekend away for their anniversary.  She is a riot and kept me on my toes the whole time. One thing she loves is to paint. So on Sunday, we got out the paint and some canvas and went to town. There was a point where I felt like I lost control of the situation but it was fun nonetheless. I need to figure out how to finish my piece with the dots… I may add a quote over them or in between…

March Card Class design

 For March I had a plan and I am happy to report that I executed it perfectly the first attempt!  I took a card layout and combined it with a color combination I liked to create what I think is the perfect card to send to your friends.  Layout and color combination are not my images, but the final product is my doing.  Let me know what you think!

February Card design + design process insight

 Sometimes I think I have a great card layout but it just doesn't come to fruition. I want to touch on my design process and how I get from the first rendition to the last when I am struggling with how it looks.  I started with a card based on my original layout. I planned to use a stamp set (Amazing Year) that was in the annual catalog, but didn't seem to be used too much (that I had seen). It did not turn out good at all, in my opinion.  So I sent it to my fellow demonstrators and got a few suggestions. I updated the design, but something was still off.  I asked my upline for some advice and then came up with the final design. While I did ask for opinions and suggestions, I didn't always use the advice given. The process took several days because I like to step away from a project when it's not going quite as planned.  The first one may have had potential, but I think I was limiting myself with a color palette since I was set on trying to use a specific DSP (designer